18 Mar Ontario Issues 1,186 Notifications of Interest in The New Tech Draw
On February 16, 2021, the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) issued 1,186 targeted Notifications of Interest (NOIs) to candidates who may qualify for Ontario’s Human Capital Priorities (HCP) Stream and have specific work experience.
The OINP in its latest tech draw targeted candidates with a (Comprehensive Ranking System) CRS between 453 and 467, and work experience in the following in-demand occupations:
- 0213 Computer and information systems managers
- 2147 Computer engineers
- 2172 Database analysts and data administrators
- 2173 Software engineers and designers
- 2174 Computer programmer and interactive media developers
- 2175 Web designers and developers
What is the HCP Stream?
Ontario’s Human Capital Priorities Stream is an immigration stream under the OINP. It gives foreign workers with the required skilled work experience, language abilities and education the opportunity to apply to permanently live and work in Ontario. The purpose is to identify people with technological skills in the Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Express Entry pool. The candidates do not need a job offer to receive an invitation.
How Do I qualify for the HCP Stream?
You need to make sure you meet the mandatory requirements before making an application under the HCP Stream. These are as follows:
- Work experience: Under the Federal Skilled Workers Program or the Canadian Experience Class, you must have at least one year of continuous paid full-time work experience (or the equivalent in paid part- time work) in Skill Type 0 or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification (NOC)
- Settlement Funds: You must have enough money to support yourself and your dependent family members when you settle in Canada.
- Intention to live in Ontario: You must intend to live in Ontario after you’re granted the permanent residence.
How do I apply for this Program?
- You must first qualify for IRCC’s Express Entry pool.
- You must then create an online profile in the IRCC Express Entry pool and indicate that you are interested in immigrating to Ontario in your profile.
- Finally, you will receive a Notification of Interest (NOI) from Ontario through your IRCC online account. Once you receive your NOI, you may then apply to Ontario’s HCP Stream.
- From the date you receive a NOI issued by Ontario for Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream, you have 45 calendar days to apply to this stream.
- You have to apply through the OINP e-Filing Portal, application fee is CAD$ 1,500 and covers the cost of processing your application.
- If your application is approved, the OINP will notify you of your nomination through your IRCC Express Entry account.
- Once issued a nomination, you have 30 calendar days to accept the nomination from Ontario in the Express Entry system.
- A nomination from Ontario will give you an additional 600 points in the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) and you will receive an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence from IRCC.
- Once you receive an Invitation to Apply from IRCC, you have 60 calendar days to submit your application for permanent residence to IRCC.
SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION TODAY.
Donoso & Partners, a leading immigration law firm based in Washington, D.C., will continue to report on developments regarding the immigration law and policy through our news section of donosolaw.com.