27 Aug Ontario Issues 703 Notifications of Interest In The Human Capital Priorities Stream
On August 26, 2020, the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) issued 703 targeted Notifications of Interest (NOIs) to candidates who may qualify for Ontario’s Human Capital Priorities (HCP) Stream and have specific work experience.
The OINP in its latest tech draw targeted candidates with a (Comprehensive Ranking System) CRS between 466 and 475, and work experience in the following in-demand occupations:
- 0111 Financial managers
- 0124 Advertising, marketing and public relations managers
- 0601 Corporate sales managers
- 1111 Financial auditors and accountants
- 1114 Other financial officers
- 1122 Professional occupations in business management consulting
- 3012 Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
- 3124 Allied primary health practitioners
- 3132 Dietitians and nutritionists
What is the HCP Stream?
Ontario’s Human Capital Priorities Stream is an immigration stream under the OINP. It gives foreign workers with the required skilled work experience, language abilities and education the opportunity to apply to permanently live and work in Ontario. The purpose is to identify people with technological skills in the Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Express Entry pool.
How Do I qualify for the HCP Stream?
You need to make sure you meet the mandatory requirements before making an application under the HCP Stream. These are as follows:
- Work experience: Under the Federal Skilled Workers Program or the Canadian Experience Class, you must have at least one year of continuous paid full-time work experience (or the equivalent in paid part- time work) in Skill Type 0 or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification (NOC)
- Educational Qualification: You must have a Canadian bachelor’s, master’s or PhD degree or its equivalent in another country.
- Settlement Funds: You must have enough money to support yourself and your dependent family members when you settle in Canada.
- Intention to live in Ontario: You must intend to live in Ontario after you’re granted the permanent residence.
How do I apply for this Program?
- You must first qualify for IRCC’s Express Entry pool.
- You must then create an online profile in the IRCC Express Entry pool and indicate that you are interested in immigrating to Ontario in your profile.
- Finally, you will receive a Notification of Interest (NOI) from Ontario through your IRCC online account. Once you receive your NOI, you may then apply to Ontario’s HCP Stream.
- After you are issued an NOI from Ontario through your IRCC online account, you have 45 calendar days to submit your application to the OINP under the HCP Stream. The application fee for this program is CAD$ 1,500.
- If your application is approved, the OINP will notify you of your nomination through your Express Entry account.
- Once issued a nomination, you have 30 calendar days to accept the nomination from Ontario in the Express Entry system.
- A nomination from Ontario will give you an additional 600 points in the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) and you will receive an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence from IRCC.
- Once you receive an Invitation to Apply from IRCC, you have 60 calendar days to submit your application for permanent residence to IRCC.
Donoso & Partners, a leading immigration law firm based in Washington, D.C., will continue to report on developments regarding the immigration law and policy through our news section of donosolaw.com.